There are basic lifestyle habits that are quite necessary to incorporate into our daily lives, and this is drinking lemon water everyday because of the alkaline property of these little yellow fruit. From the moment I knew that lemon has a lot of benefits…I started drinking 8 ounces of distilled water with lemon 2x a day everyday (one lemon a day) with no sugar added. And I also planted a lemon tree, so when time I have a guest I could served it to them instead of soda that has lot of sugar and the acidic in it.
In buying lemon, picked the one that has a lot of weight, heavy for its size.. it has the most mineral content and sugar.
A thick skinned lemon will not be as heavy as a thin skinned lemon and will not have the desired sweetness or mineral content.
The Medicinal Value of Lemon is as follows:
* Antiseptic – an agent that prevent sepsis (the presence of pathogenic bacteria) or putrefaction (decomposition of tissue)
* Anti scorbutic – prevent disease and assist in cleansing the system of impurities.
* Indigestion like heartburn, bloating and belching are relieved. Regular drinking of lemon juice, the bowels are aided in eliminating waste more efficiently thus controlling constipation and diarrhea.
* Wonderful stimulant to the liver, disolvent to uric acid (gout) and other poisons, liquefies the bile,very good in malaria case.
* Sufferers of chronic rheumatism and gout, uterine hemorrhages rickets,and tuberculosis will benefit by drinking lemon juice.
* Pregnant mother – helps to build bone in the child.
* Potassium content – it nourish the brain and nerve cells.
* Calcium content – it builds up the bony structure and makes teeth healthy.
* Magnesium content, in conjunction with calcium – play an important part in the formation of albumen in the blood.
* Useful in treating asthma, biliousness, colds, coughs, diphtheria, fever, flu or influenza, heartburn, liver complaints, sore throat, and scurvy.
* Treat pancreatic stones and helps dissolve kidney stone
Many people suffer from what they call biliousness – a symptom of a disorder of the liver causing constipation, headache, loss of appetite and vomiting of bile; excess of bile; and a bilious.
Lemon water would benefit a person that can tolerate it. That is, if there is no allergy to lemon (some people) and no active ulcers..then children and adults can drink these.
Lemon Remedies “How”
* Sore throat – dilute 1/2 lemon with 4 ounces of warm water and gargle it frequently but it is even better to use lemon juice alone.
* Corn – a slice of lemon enough to cover the corn overnight, will helps relieve the pain.
* Pus formed on a finger joint – a slice of lemon bound over the pus will not fail to bring them to the surface where it can be easily removed.
* Asthma – to relieve, take tablespoon of lemon juice one hour before each meal.
* Liver complaints, the juice of the lemon should be taken in a glass of hot water one hour before breakfast every morning.
* Flu or Influenza – drink a large glass of hot water with lemon juice and at the same time soak your feet in a deep bucket of water with mustard…enough nearly to the knees.Keep adding hot water to the patients tolerance until he begins to perspire freely (about 20-30 min.) Lemon water should be taken every hour until the cold are gone.
* Heartburn – a teaspoon of lemon juice in half glass of water relieves heartburn.
* Rheumatism – 1 or 2 ounces of lemon diluted in water should be taken 3x a day: one hour before meals and at bed time.
* In cases of hemorrhage – lemon juice with water and taken as cold as possible will stop it.
* Scurvy – is treated by giving one to two ounces mix with water taken every two to four hours
* Excessive menstruation – juice of 3-4 lemons a day will help. Best to take the of one lemon at a time in a glass of cold water.
* Stomach ulcers – the gastric juice is in the stomach is four times as strong as lemon juice. So, I recommend one to two tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel before the lemon water. Taking Bromelin has also proven to be helpful.
To aid your body get the energy from the food you are eating , drink lemon water regularly besides drinking plain purified water. Drinking lemon water daily is the most important thing you can do for your health.